Be sure you have the current version of the app and iOS. If your device no longer supports the current version, try the links at the bottom.
Robot games are not available on my device.
- Robot games are only available on iOS devices that have an A10X or newer processor. These devices include the iPhone 8, iPad Pro 2017, iPad Mini 2019, and iPad Air 2019.
You must be signed in to Game Center to play online.
- Sign in with your Apple ID when the app starts.
- If you repeatedly choose not to sign in, sign in becomes unavailable at startup. You can set up at iOS Settings > Game Center.
Most problems with online play can be fixed by signing out of Game Center, signing back in, and restarting the app. If that doesn't work, turning off and turning on the device usually fixes things.
- Open iOS Settings > Game Center. Sign out (at the bottom). Then turn it back on and sign back in. The default Continue option will use your App Store Apple ID to sign in. If you use a different Apple ID for Game Center, choose the second option.
- If the Wordiamo app is open, close it and then restart the app.
- If signing out and in and restarting the app does not work, try turning off the device completely, turning it back on and trying again.
- When you start the app, the Game Center welcome banner or the sign-in page should appear, allowing you to connect online. If this isn't happening, be sure to try the suggested fixes above.
Online game invitations are not working.
- To invite a friend, press Invite Friend. From the Game Center pop-up, press Invite Friends. If your friend is already suggested, choose your friend. Otherwise, tap To: and press + to select from your Contacts or type a phone or email used by your friend with iMessage (then press return). Press the up arrow to send the Messages invite. Finally, make the first move in the game.
- New invitations are received and accepted through the Messages app. Be sure to check Messages and tell your invited player to check Messages. To accept an invite, press the invite graphic or link.
- Make sure the invited player's Messages address (i.e., phone number and/or email linked to the Messages app) is in your Contacts. Make sure the invited player has your Messages address in his or her Contacts.
- An invitation could have been sent to an address that is not set up to receive Messages. Use mobile phone numbers and email addresses associated with the invited player's Messages app.
- Often the Messages address is the user's phone number and not their email. If an email address is not getting through, try a mobile phone number.
- The invited player may have multiple Apple IDs and the one you chose is not being used on the invited player's current device.
- If an invitation is sent to an email address that is not associated with Messages, have the invited player check the email (and spam folders) for an invitation.
- If the invited player is using iOS 9, he or she will need to upgrade to iOS 10 or higher to receive invitations via Messages.
- The Game Center server may not connect the first time you try to setup an invite. Just try again.
- Send a new invitation by pressing Invite Friend.
Online play is unresponsive. Turns aren't being sent. New games aren't being created.
- The spinner graphic indicates that the the app is still communicating with Game Center. Don't exit the app while it's still spinning.
- Game Center might be having issues. Go find a healthy snack and try again.
I couldn't fix an unresponsive online game. How can I delete it?
- Sometimes Game Center mishandles a game and it can't be fixed by the remedies above. For example, Game Center may think it's your turn when it clearly is not (sorry) and at the same time won't let you send another turn. If you cannot delete the game from within the app, select New Game. Press and hold the wrench icon to open a list of your games. Find your delinquent game, swipe left on it, and press Remove.
The app crashes.
- Sometimes the app crashes when there are too many apps open in the background. This is particularly true for older devices with less memory. To reduce the incidence of these crashes, close any non-essential apps.
My friend just sent me multiple identical new games.
- This is a side effect of dealing with server errors. The most recent game is usually the active one and you should play that one.
A new game I created was automatically declined after I sent the first turn.
- Make sure your opponent has installed the app.
- Make sure both players have the most recent version of the app.
Screenshots are not being saved.
- Make sure the app has access to Photos. You can give access at Settings > Wordiamo > Photos.
The app icon badge number is incorrect.
- You can just turn it off permanently. Do it at Settings > Wordiamo > Notifications > Badge App Icon. This is the most reliable solution.
- If you don't want to turn it off, try signing out of Game Center and then sign back in. Wait for a turn to come in and the badge may reset to the correct number
Troubleshooting previous versions of iOS
Home | Download | Description | vs. Scrabble & WWF | FAQ | Troubleshooting | Facebook | ME/CFS | Contact